Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Awesome Tip of the Day

Because I talk mistakes, too...

I have the perfect way to extract those sticky cakes, the ones that defy any baker's secret or butter to cling tightly to the pan.  This won't work for Bundts, sorry.

WAY NUMBER ONE,
using a small, flexible cake spatula (I use a Wilton), carefully slip the spatula between the pan and the cake around the side, then, slowly insert it under the cake and EVER SO SLOWLY work clockwise, loosening the cake.

WAY NUMBER TWO:
use the spatula or a flat knife to separate the sides from the pan.  Then get a VERY long piece of waxed dental floss.  put it around the diameter of the cake, then press it down to the bottom of the pan with the knife/spatula.  cross the ends where they meet, then, EVER SO SLOWLY, begin to draw the ends together.  I like to think I am garroting the cake for being so stubborn, but in less violent terms, there are similar ways of cutting clay blocks.  If you're lucky, you'll get the cake out with minimal damage than can be cosmetically
 repaired with crumb coating!

You are welcome!

On another note, I've noticed FireFox automatically disables the ads on my site.  The ads enable me to spend time in the kitchen.  If you wouldn't mind, just allow my site to show you some only very mildly irritating text ads that are supposed to be related to my content.  That would be awesome.  Thank you.  (And if you click them once in a while, that would be EVEN BETTER.)

2 comments:

  1. You are too clever. Now if only I were to actually bake again ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is coming up, you know... What better time to whip up something delicious?

    ReplyDelete