Sunday, December 25, 2011

Egg Nog Cupcakes

After the experience I had with cake mix cookies, I began to wonder what other things can you do with cake mixes?  I googled it.  apparently, you can make cupcakes with a can of soda and a box of cake mix.  No eggs or oil needed.  I began to think about this.  Something in the soda, an acid thing, helps be the binding agent.

So it occured to me, what if I used eggnog?  It has eggs.  And milk.  And stuff you make cakes with?   Thus, In the oven right now, a devil's food eggnog batch of cupcakes.  It might be a disaster, it might be delicious, but considering the vast amount of cake mixes I ended up with (I bought some, then my grandmother thought I'd like some, so there's a good 18 mixes here) it's not going to hurt to try.  Now to come up with a good frosting/glaze...


No comments:

Post a Comment