Monday, January 2, 2012

Peppermint Bark

Everything I made this holiday season went over pretty well.  The craziest thing is, the one item that got the biggest raves was my peppermint bark candy.

This kills me.  Peppermint bark is probably the most simple candy a person can make.  I may have mildly beefed it up, but here's the simple recipe:

Pkg Almond bark
Smashed candy canes.

Melt bark, stir in candy canes, spread it out over a wax paper till then, allow to set.  Break up into pieces.  Eat.


nothing in the world more simple.

Now, I like to dabble in spicing things up, so I added a teaspoon of pure peppermint oil.  You have to use FOOD GRADE only.  And then I sprinkled with red green and clear Sugar shimmers.  But, honestly, the thing that took me two minutes to make, got me all the big applause.  Just goes to show the old "Keep it Simple, Stupid" adage holds true.


If you don't want to go for or can't find almond bark (in the baking section) White candy melts work just as well.

Here's the batch I smashed up, without the Christmasy colors, I think it works for a wintery treat.

And a real resolution:  Start letting my sister the photographer take my pictures from now on.  Mine are a right mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment