Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello, Saturday.

So, it's Saturday.  That means I need to be up to something creative, per my decision to make things in order to offset my sometimes insane desire to hit people.

It's kind of strong this week.  I had a student repeatedly ram into me for about a thirty minute period on Thursday, and my back is still a smidge sore from it.  Some people might be all riled up about "How could you put up with this?"  The answer is easy.  Either I take a stand for my self-respect and general health, or I get a much needed paycheck.  Welcome to the new millennium.

Today I have three projects on the table and I have no idea what's going to end up done.

PROJECT NUMBER ONE: Chelle-on-Wheels Scarf.

This knitted project is super simple, yet daunting.  I bought 4 random yarns in a similar color family to knit into a skinny-ish hipster scarf for an awesome friend of mine who wants it.  Her Roller Derby name will always be Chelle-On-Wheels in my head, so that's what I'm calling the scarf.  I ended up totally misjudging one of the yarns' bulk, because I was so wrapped up in the color matching, and I convinced myself the bulks weren't THAT different.  So the project has become slightly difficult because I'm having to find other yarns in my stash that are light in bulk and blend in color-wise to double strand.

The pattern is easy.  Cast on 12.  knit first row, purl second row, repeat indefinitely.  I change colors every 5-15 rows.  I want the chunking to be totally random.  I'm tossing around the idea of taking a crochet hook and slip stitching the eyelash yarn along the sides at the end to pull all the yarns together, but I really do like the way stockinette curls. 

PROJECT NUMBER TWO: Crochet Princess Dolls

I have two birthday girls in my class who need birthday gifts done.  But also, these dolls take me less than 3 hours, so I'll probably keep procrastinating till next weekend.

PROJECT NUMBER THREE: Cupcakes

"Healthy option" Cupcakes.  It's a cupcake, how healthy could people possibly want?  Well, considering how much refusal I'm getting, despite "Oh, I know you make a good cupcake," they need healthy.  Now, if they won't try it despite the "healthy option," I'm going to have to assume the truth is that no one actually likes my baked goods outside of my family.  In that case, I will simply continue to bake, then eat dozens on end, myself, because I'm an emotional eater, and since I can't get a relationship with a straight guy, or a job with insurance or bake worth a damn, I might as well eat myself into a coma and be done with it.  I'm thinking of doing a pumpkin based cake.  Here's the recipe I'll use if I bake, I pretty much made it up based on 1/4 cup pumpkin =1 egg theory:


  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • one can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
  • one cup 2% milk
  • some spices to taste (The usual, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, whatever i feel like dumping in)

 according to multiple websites designed for calculating nutrition, if I make 36 cuppys from this, they are about 90 calories each.  I'll go ahead and say that a 150 calorie cupcake is awesome, and, but they way, less calories than a regular sized candy bar, and I'll frost it with cream cheese.  low fat cream cheese.  like the one here.




We'll see what happens when I post the photo of today's accomplishments.  If I ever get past this sitting in my pyjamas looking out the window thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment