Saturday, October 22, 2011

My return to the world of exhibition baking...

Well... Things were hectic for a while.  As in, the Blue Screen Of Death put me out of the online blogging world for a few months.  But, the computer is back, and the baking continues.  I'll post a little of what you missed while I was offline:

Most notably, I took a foray into fondant.  I'm not a fan of fondant.  I think it tastes like crappy stale marshmallows.  And I think it lacks a sort of artisan skill that spectacularly smooth butter cream demonstrates.  not that I'm at that level of awesome yet, but I''ve got goals.

Anyway, it was my sister's birthday.  And there are three things my sister adores.  The color Blue, cuddly bunny rabbits and fondant (of all weird things).  Well, there are more than three things she adores.  But I wasn't about to undertake a Stargate cake on limited resources.

So, I made her a choclate fudge cake with milk chocolate icing and Fondant dots.  And a fondant bnny rabbit.  Who almost instantly began to sink into the icing and drown.  So Megan (The sister) ate it first.

It was a good death.







Anyway, that's what I did.  And now, I'm about to undertake modeling chocolate.  Because I've had to rely on the generosity of some family the past two weeks and nothing says "Thank you" like homemade baked goodies.   Also, did you know it was Clergy appreciation week?  I might also be whipping up something for our ministry team.  Maybe.

Anyway, my mom warmed up the kitchen this morning with her famous (Seriously) pumpkin bread.  And I tested out my brand new 20 dollar digital camera capturing a shot of it:





Curse the grainy image and crappy quality.  How is my cellphone a better camera??


No comments:

Post a Comment