Saturday, September 7, 2013

The evolution of a fairy Garden

So, I can't post this on Facebook, because I do not want to tip off the recipients of the anonymous Faery Garden, but I don't want this not to be out there for people to see.  And, yes, I'll switch from Faery to Fairy, because I can't decide which spelling I prefer, thank you very much.

There are these two little girls, children of a dear friend, who truly, deeply and completely believe in fairies.  So, My sister, my mom and I made them a "Faery Garden" surprise, and snuck it into their backyard.  My mom deserves extra props for coming up with the plan.

Here is a photo collage of how the work went down.

You can click any image for a bigger version.  Yeah.  It's awesome, I know.

 Here's the Ice Tea on a Tray.  I picked up the tea pitcher and glasses at a miniature shop called Crickets and Caterpillars.  The tray is made from a beer cap.  Megan bent it with a multi-tool.
Tiny pot, early edition..  It changed slightly in the final product. It's filled with a couple of layers of packing foam and then potting soil, covered with Spanish Moss.  The mini toadstool house came from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.  The stepping stones are mosaic tiles flipped upside down.  And the flowers are from Michael's. 

 The wheelbarrow is from Hobby Lobby.  I painted it myself.  I was really adamant with myself about having a yellow walled black tire.

 The gardening tools are from Hobby Lobby.
 I made a bug rock, we didn't use it.
 Here is the hand sewn throw pillow and Hand Crocheted afghan my mom made to go with the Cute metal bench we bought at a Garden place called Another Place in Time.
THIS  IS a HAMMOCK made from leaves.  It's gonna go in another garden we make.



HERE are some more pictures with the two different Pots that are linked together with a staircase made from a picket fence from Joann Crafts.





The bird bath is a potpourri warmer from the dollar tree!













And here it is, dropped off for the girls, with little moss covered letters for their names.
 Also, a hand written letter thanking them for being friends of the Fae folk.  Sealed with a wax seal with an F in it.  For Faery.  Underneath the letter are personalized key chains with tiny faery keys.  Signed with a Gaelic Salutation at the end.  Oh, yeah.



Here is a graphic to pin, if you would like to do such a thing:



1 comment:

  1. I think its the absoluteliest sweetest thing!!!
    Kudos for making these two littl giirls happy little girls!!

    ReplyDelete